As you’re driving from Waikiki or Diamond Head toward Hawaii Kai, you’ll pass right by my neighborhood, Aina Haina, if you’re not paying attention. About halfway between Kahala and Hawaii Kai on Kalanianaole Hwy, Aina Haina has a robust real estate market, a secret gem of a neighborhood with excellent schools, great shopping, and ocean views that rival anything in Hawaii. Aina Haina median prices are right around $1mil, with homes priced between about $800k and $1.8mil.
Click to read more about Aina Haina real estate or see all Aina Haina homes for sale below.
Aina Haina Homes for Sale
Listings last updated at the date and time shown below (approximately every two hours).
Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
© 2017 by HiCentral MLS, Ltd.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Some of the active listings appearing on this site may be listed by other REALTORS®. If you are interested in those active listings, our company may represent you as the buyer's agent. If the active listing you are interested in is our company's active listing, you may speak to one of our agents regarding your options for representation.
Aina Haina Homes & Amenities
Aina Haina is where I live. It is an older neighborhood, with most of the houses built in the 1950’s, but now many of these old brick and cement block homes are being renovated with beautiful new floors, kitchens, and bathrooms. In fact, since about the year 2000, I’ve seen dozens of old square shacks turned into modernized larger homes with all the best finishes.
Aina Haina homes range from about $750k for the smallest fixer-upper, to over $10 million for a beachfront estate. Most are middle class homes that are priced between $800k and $1.5million. These prices are about $1mil less than Kahala homes of a similar sized on a 10,000 ft lot.
Below are a just a few reasons why buyers should consider Aina Haina for their next real estate purchase:
- Aina Haina is about 10-20 minutes closer to town than Hawaii Kai when there’s traffic. In morning and evening traffic, it can take 45 minutes to get from Downtown to Hawaii Kai, which is a long time in Hawaii (people on the mainland who drive 2 hours each way laugh at us about our short commutes).
- Many of the lots in Aina Haina are very large for Hawaii, at around 10,000 ft. per property. The minimum is 7500 ft, but many lots in lower Aina Haina have over 12,000 ft of flat, square land.
- There is great surf in Aina Haina. Just don’t tell anyone how to access it. 🙂
- Aina Haina Elementary School is ranked one of the best in the state, year after year. It also has a few private schools in the neighborhood – Calvary By The Sea, Waldorf, Kilohana Preschool, and Holy Nativity school.
- From up high on the ridges and in the back of Aina Haina Valley, there are great ocean views.
From the highway, you can’t even tell that there are over 1500 homes in Aina Haina, but the real estate here is a great investment, and definitely worth checking out. It’s sort of a sleeper, in that most people have no idea how great it is, and that there is a lot of renovating going on.
Location is everything in the Hawaii real estate market, as even a mile or two can completely change the price of a home here. And location is exactly what Aina Haina is best for. Just West of Aina Haina you have Waialae Iki and Kahala, and to the East, you have Hawaii Kai.
Aina Haina has a convenient shopping center that was renovated in 2012, with a beautiful new grocery store, medical offices, a post office, banks, coffee shop, several restaurants, shave ice shop, veterinarian, a gym, yoga studio, and more.
When looking for property in East Oahu, don’t forget about Aina Haina. You might be surprised at the great properties you find here.
Contact AlohaTony to learn more about buying Aina Haina homes.