Let’s face it: there is never a bad time to sell your home in Hawaii! But with school out and a lot of military families starting to arrive, summer becomes a very good time for home sales.
Here are a few tips on getting the most for your home, and even possibly getting multiple offers.
1. De-clutter your entire home. Keep ‘knick knacks’ down to a minimum and take down a few of those family vacation photos. This will help other people be able to see themselves in your home and help to not distract them when they’re viewing your home.
2. Make sure your yard, lanai, and garage are as clean/picked up/de-cluttered as possible. These area’s serve as entertainment area’s in homes in Hawaii so they really help buyers see value in your home.
3. Leave your home when there is an agent showing it. There is nothing worse than a seller who is hovering over a buyer and their agent when they’re trying to see a home. If there are special things about the home that you feel that your agent has not provided buyers, then make a short list and leave it on the kitchen counter for agents and buyers to see. There are other things that a selling agent can do in this type of a situation as well. Call us for more details…
4. If you have AC units, turn them on before a showing. If not, then leave some windows open so that the home can be ventilated. If your home feels HOT and almost as if there is poor ventilation, that could deter them from wanting to live there.
5. Make sure your home is as clean as possible. Hire a cleaning company to do a deep clean before listing your home. I’ve seen so many buyers who were unable to see past a mess.
6. If you’re trying to sell a home that is vacant, try to go to the home every 5-10 days. There is nothing worse than opening a kitchen drawer and seeing a dead cockroach…
7. Turn ON all of your lights even if it’s daytime. It sounds absurd, but it always helps your home appear more “light and bright”!
If you have any questions about selling your home, call us! Our team has been on the Realtor Top 100 of Hawaii for 6+ years now. We specialize in both buying AND selling and can help you get the MOST for your home.
Call Jim and Chelsea Pferschy @ (808) 754-6000 (C) (808) 342-9000 (J)