Why buy North Shore Real Estate?
Oahu's North Shore has some of the highest real estate prices on the island. What sets them apart from the rest of the island? Here are a few insights:
● The North Shore of Oahu is a surf mecca. The winter months see towering waves and legendary surf competitions like the Vans Triple Crown, Billabong Pipe Masters, and The Eddie Big Wave Invitational. A North Shore beach house with front row seats to these competitions could easily run you $5,000,000 to $10,000,000.
● Where there's beach, there's value!
● Tourists flock to Haleiwa when they want an experience that contrasts Waikiki. Tourist presence tends to be a leading indicator of high home prices. Waialua and Mokuleia home prices range from $700,000 - $1M, with Waialua beach homes ranging from $1.4M to $3M. Luxury beach homes on the North Shore can run you from $3M - $14M.
● The majority of North Shore, Oahu condos will be found in the Waialua neighborhood, ranging from $350,000 - $900,000+.
So how can you know if Oahu’s North Shore would be a good fit?
1. You prefer a slower pace of life.
There is a large desire to “Keep the Country, Country” so there are no high rises or late-night night-life. The main thoroughfare is Kamehameha Highway, a simple, two-lane road. While there are several restaurants, surf shops, grocery stores and small retail locations, there is one theater in Laie and no big box stores or malls.
2. You love being outdoors.
The North Shore is a unique combination of surf culture and agriculture. Locals in the area grew up fishing, diving, and hunting. Communities are filled with outdoor adventurers who you’ll find biking past Kaena point, jogging the bike paths, snorkeling in Shark’s Cove and surfing Pipeline. We have skaters and dirt bikers as well as ranchers and hikers.
3. You love space and privacy.
If you’re feeling claustrophobic, an ocean front property can do wonders! Even properties across the street and tucked into the hillside can offer ocean views. Several north shore communities offer large lots: check out Pupukea, Kawailoa, Mokuleia, and Poamoho.
If you need assistance with your North Shore Real Estate research, we would love to help you explore your options, and to equip you with everything you need to secure your new North Shore home with confidence.